memoriesnmoans

Friday 15 June 2007

whether to weather the weather or not

What weather! I was supposed to collect my friend from North Leeds. I even endured roads flooded, drains gushing 18" fountains, being sprayed through my open window and traffic that slowed to a standstill. The trip normally takes 25-30mins. Not today. I'd only travelled 1/4 of the distance and nothing was moving AND it had taken 50mins. I did a 'Thatcher U-turn' and rang my friend; she'd have to get the bus after all. Why can't traffic police inform motorists what is causing jams? I could have made a reasoned judgment earlier and headed for home, along with other sensible drivers. Was it flooding, jack-knifed lorry, swimming ducks on the road or unnecessary roadworks? I'll never know. Next time I'll think twice about doing a good turn (or a U-turn.) Looking on the bright side, my car had a thorough wash.





As this is my first attempt at blogging, you'll have to overlook any errors. I have a personal website (having suffered a very steep learning curve-which I fell off many times and gave myself a terrible headache) but the program I used to create it crashed and lost styles, text, photos, the lot. So I'm going to uninstall it after writing this.

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • hello mum
    love the site very funny, and love the funny stories entertaining and informative!!! learning about the days when you were younger is fun too . keep it up xxxx
    helly

    By Blogger helly, At 18 June 2007 at 01:20  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home


Great news for people who want to make money
on eBay but haven’t a clue what to sell!

Entrepreneur Magazine calls it “the hottest business
opportunity of the decade”…

Introducing the amazing eBay strategy that
can make you £500 a week part-time selling other people’s stuff
Click here now:

http://www.1shoppingcart.com/app/?Clk=1952929