memoriesnmoans

Saturday 23 June 2007

Gardening in the rain?

It's alright to garden when its pouring with rain, as it has been daily for the last two weeks, IF someone was paying me but no-one is, so I'm not. I've done a bit of pruning and weeding, scraped weeds from between concrete flags on the patio and kept my garden tidy yet the mower is growing cobwebs again. Once a week I should be walking up and down my three 'lawns.' I plug the cables in, get togged up then it rains again so the grass is now clumpy, unsightly, soggy and, without trimmed grass, the garden has been untidy for most of this Summer. Petrol mowers use up valuable fossil fuel to a greater extent than my electric mower and they cost more to buy. So I find other things to do (and cross 'mowing, edging' off my Diary entry, again.) I wish there was a Lawn Gazebo large enough to cover my grass, electric cables and me then I'd keep my lawns pristeen but there isn't, so I'm not. In my ideal world I'd pay for a gardener to mow the grass, get wet and suffer an electric shock. Why does the warm sun shine most evenings when I'm too tired to do anything? Spite, I suspect. TV gardening programmes have manicured grass because dozens of people work seven-days-a-week off-camera. Hope the sun shines tomorrow morning to dry the grass for me to walk up-and-down my 'lawns' again. No chance!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home


Great news for people who want to make money
on eBay but haven’t a clue what to sell!

Entrepreneur Magazine calls it “the hottest business
opportunity of the decade”…

Introducing the amazing eBay strategy that
can make you £500 a week part-time selling other people’s stuff
Click here now:

http://www.1shoppingcart.com/app/?Clk=1952929