memoriesnmoans

Sunday 17 June 2007

The original Mini HaHa


In 1965 I bought my first Austen 7 Mini in Surf Blue with grey mock leather interior. It was second-hand but, after a good clean, it looked like new. Three pedal covers were secured over the bare metal plates, (green for accelerator, red for brake, orange for clutch) to customise it then I put 4"-long switch extentions on the dashboard-big mistake! One night I leant across to find a sweet in my handbag in the passenger footwell. Result-one black eye. Next came the flooded dip in the road. Result-3" of water slopping round my feet. Apparently a design fault of all first editions of the Mini. The garage welded the seams watertight before I bought staircarpet from a shop to make the interior quieter and warmer as the heater was underpowered. Result-backache from kneeling and bending to fit that carpet. Then I bought lap&diagonal seatbelts for the front two seats (which had a habit of throwing the occupants forward if you braked sharply!) But the day I was going to fit them I had to drive three miles on an errand and had to choose between going under the backend of a coal wagon parked round a bend or edging out and overtaking it. I chose the latter. Result-two cars in the shape of an inverted V, a headache, stiff neck, car repairs lasting weeks and STILL no fitted seatbelts! Ah Happy Memories of My First Mini.


Great news for people who want to make money
on eBay but haven’t a clue what to sell!

Entrepreneur Magazine calls it “the hottest business
opportunity of the decade”…

Introducing the amazing eBay strategy that
can make you £500 a week part-time selling other people’s stuff
Click here now:

http://www.1shoppingcart.com/app/?Clk=1952929