memoriesnmoans

Friday 29 June 2007

13/60 Triumph Herald - A Classic Car from the 60s.


This was one of my favourite cars, the Triumph Herald Saloon, 13/60. It's was a 1969 model in Valencia Blue with tan interior which I bought in 1995 and, after alot of elbow-grease and hard work, I showed the car at Classic Car Shows in the North of England in 1996. Sadly I hooked one of its front wheels round a post when I was reversing and ripped the D-panel and lower wing-panel. The steering was so good that the wheel extended outside the body and it came to grief that day when I put on full left lock! It was over 27 years old and I loved the sporty feel, acceleration, low seating and it also had rear suspension similar to the front wheel tuck-under of the Hillman/Sunbeam Imp. If you drove over a hump in the road it took off and tucked its rear wheels under which then straightened out on landing. With practice I quickly learned to dab the brakes just before the brow of the road and the dampers absorbed the lift-off so the car stayed on the road. After the incident with the post, I sold the Herald for peanuts as I couldn't afford repairs.


The UK's Top Business Opportunity Expert
Seeks Volunteers for Online Money Making Challenge...


Today I’m looking for a select group of volunteers
to help set up and run their own profitable BLOGGING BUSINESS
while I shoulder ALL the risk for the next 90 days.
Click here for more info:
http://www.1shoppingcart.com/app/?Clk=1952927




Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home


Great news for people who want to make money
on eBay but haven’t a clue what to sell!

Entrepreneur Magazine calls it “the hottest business
opportunity of the decade”…

Introducing the amazing eBay strategy that
can make you £500 a week part-time selling other people’s stuff
Click here now:

http://www.1shoppingcart.com/app/?Clk=1952929