memoriesnmoans

Sunday 5 August 2007

ROVER METRO 1994


Yet another of my classic cars was this Metro 5-door in BR(metallic) green as it was easy to drive and park and, back then, metros had many followers; road-racers, families, trendy young-people, older generations. For its size it had a cavenous boot, plenty legroom for rear-seat passengers and good visibility all round. BUT it did have one problem, the remote locking system went haywire! One hot day I'd left the driver's window open as I went to lock my house door when, to my horror, all the doors locked themselves. I hadn't touched the remote button which hung on the car keys and were still in the ignition! Luckily I managed to reach thro the window and got my keys out, then rang my garage. We tried to lock the doors with the remote but they all opened instead; we opened both doors, closed them and they locked by themselves. In the end I had the remote locking disconnected for safety's sake and I refuse to own any car with central remote locking. I sold the Metro soon afterwards.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home


Great news for people who want to make money
on eBay but haven’t a clue what to sell!

Entrepreneur Magazine calls it “the hottest business
opportunity of the decade”…

Introducing the amazing eBay strategy that
can make you £500 a week part-time selling other people’s stuff
Click here now:

http://www.1shoppingcart.com/app/?Clk=1952929